Thursday 3 November 2011

6. Charater Archetype in Mah Book

     How to Be a Hero on Earth 5
(By Eric Walters)
"I'm not hear to be friendly, I'm here because I want to get home" (Eric Walters, How to Be a Hero on Earth 5, p.43)
  
     This excerpt from my book is one of the main characters that comes into the story as a shape shifter. The reason I think this quote is appropriate for a shape shifter is because this is in one of the first conversations that is had between the main characters. I thinks it's not what is said directly in the quote that matters, I think it's the context. The two main characters just met and there job is to find a third person that needs to get back to their dimension. The problem is there are people who want to kill them so they need to be careful in who they tell they're a "non-dimensional". As they are trying to figure out who the third one is a girl dressed mostly in black comes over and says that she's from the same dimension as they are. She doesn't give any explanation about how she got there so you're "unsure of her intentions". Looking at the quote alone one would never come to this conclusion but in the context of the story it makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment